Positive Coaching Alliance
Updated Thursday December 22, 2016 by Peachtree Ridge Youth Athletic Association.
What is Positive Coaching?
PRYAA Football aspires to be an outstanding educational-athletic organization that provides a high-quality experience to every athlete. A high-quality experience is one in which every athlete:
- Is coached using the principles of Positive Coaching
- Has fun playing the game
- Feels like an important part of the team regardless of performance
- Learns “life lessons” that have value beyond the playing field
- Learns the skills, tactics and strategies of the game and improves as a player
To achieve the aspirations of our organization, we has embarked on a journey to implement the principles of the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA). As such, our organization is initially requesting that each current and prospective coach becomes familiar with the following basic PCA terms and topics.
Every coach must:
- Understand and align with the Double Goal Coach job description.
- Discuss and educate parents and players on the pillars of the PCA coaching philosophy:
- What does the acronym ROOTS stand for?
- Why is it important to Fill the Emotional Tank?
- What is the ELM Tree of Mastery?
- What PCA information should be covered at the Parent Meeting ?
Every coach must help make sure that parents:
- Understand PCA Goals for a Parent.
- Understand Coach/Parent Partnership and what is expected on game day.